General Terms & Conditions
1. Asian Hiking Team reserves the right to reject or dismiss trips/programs to any individual at any time based on any factors.
2. Asian Hiking Team requires clients to be prepared physically, mentally and technically for particular trips.
3. Clients/Participants must supply true, complete and accurate information on the personal registration form (including the, information concerning training and prior mountaineering experience for expedition), Clients Medical Information (only for expedition), Physician’s Certificate (only for expedition), and in any other written or oral communications.
4. Reserves the right to change, alter or cancel the itinerary as in Asian Hiking Team sole discretion, we find necessary for the proper and safe conducts of the program.
5. Clients/Participants acknowledge that trip plans are necessarily subject to change based on a number of factors, including but not limited to foreign governments, weather, terrain, currency fluctuations, political issue and many other factors, and that we have complete discretion to effect any change of plans to accommodate any of these or other factors, including but not limited to increases in program fees, changes to the program schedule or itinerary, change of guides or staff, and changes to any means of conveyance, when deemed necessary or advisable, without notice and without allowance of refund and with the liability for any increased program fees, if any, to be borne by each client.
TRIPS FEES AND PAYMENTS
- The programs fees is between Asian Hiking Team and clients/Participants communication by email or as website www.asianhikingteam.com
- Asian Hiking Team does not accept a part of trip fee at the end of your trip. All the trip fees are required to be fully paid before your trip starts.
- Clients need to pay 25 percent down payment of the total price for advance flight tickets, hotel booking and permit process. For expedition and flight tickets (only for expedition and international air ticket) Asian Hiking Team require you to send 50 percent in advance.
- Advance Payments are wired by bank transfer, credit card, western union, money grams. Please, use any ways of transfer according to your convenience. However, please include wire fees charged by your bank or their correspondent bank(s). Wired information will be provided upon request.
- Balance of trip fees, need pay after your arrival in Kathmandu. We accept credit card, Nepali rupees or any foreigner currency as equivalent to the current date bank rate.
- Late payments without notice will result in cancellation of program/trip or are not booking guarantee.
POLICY REGARDING CANCELLATION / NO SHOW / EARLY DEPARTURE
- Asian Hiking Team reserves the right to cancel a trip for any reason prior to departure.
- In case of cancellation of Tour services due to any avoidable/unavoidable reason/s you must be informed in writing.
- 07 days prior to arrival - 25% of the Tour cost (beside Tax, transportation, permits and others fixed). 48 hours prior to arrival - 30% of the Tour cost (except Tax, transportation, permits and others fixed) and Less than 48 hours or no show - NO REFUND.
- In case of incomplete Trekking / Tour / Rafting / Jungles safari / or other days due to the client's own problem the amount of money paid is non-refundable and non-transferable. For unused hotel accommodation, chartered transportation and missed meals etc. we do not bear any responsibility to refund.
- If clients want to do more days; Trekking / Tour / Rafting / Climbing / Expedition / Jungles safari / or others tours more than itinerary, they can pay after back from tour with per day basic but should be permission with Tour guide / Leader or from Asian Hiking Team, Thamel, Kathmandu.
- In regard to refund of unused/unutilized services (which are paid for and cancelled in advance) the refund amount would be worked out on the basis of cancellation policy as described above.
- The money would be accordingly refunded to the person who has made the payment to us. Please, note that the refund process may take 2-3 weeks due to banking procedures.
- If the refund is made to the credit card amount or to bank account, the bank charges would be debited from the refund amount.
NOTE: If the cancel by COVID 19 before we process the permit full refund. After we process the permit, tickets, Hotel booking or direct cost anything then we charge the real cost only and refund the balance. It also lets you know which permits you can use next time too (according to government rules).
OTHER COSTS AND EXPENSES
- Clients acknowledge that personal equipment (as Communication) is not included in trip cost.
- During the camping or climbing or expedition, clients acknowledge that all team or group supplies and equipment are the sole property of Asian Hiking Team.
- (only for Expedition) - During the climbing or expedition Clients agree to reimburse Asian Hiking Team for any satellite communication charges (if use satellite) incurred by Clients while participating in the program.
- Clients are required to carry approved travel insurance that includes medical evacuation, repatriation and medical expenses for the duration of their Trips.
- Clients agree that the cost of any search and rescue undertaken on their behalf will be their financial responsibility.
- (Special for Expedition) - Clients/Participants acknowledge that during the program, certain events may occur which may necessitate certain additional costs not contemplated at this time, including but not limited to the cost of evacuation during any part of the program, medical treatment, body recovery and/or repatriation, and other related matters. Clients agree that those additional costs are not the responsibility of Asian Hiking Team and that the client is responsible for payment of those costs.
LIABILITIES & LIMITATIONS:
- Asian Hiking Team act only in the capacity of agents for the hotels, airlines, transporters, railways & contractors providing other services & all exchange orders, receipts, contracts & tickets issued by us are issued subject to terms & conditions under which these services are provided by them.
- All itineraries are sample itineraries, intended to give you a general idea of the likely trip schedule. Numerous factors such as weather, road conditions, the physical ability of the participants etc. may dictate itinerary changes either before the tour or while on the trail. We reserve the right to change any schedule in the interest of the trip participants' safety, comfort & general well being.
- Our rates are based on the prevailing rates as negotiated by us with the hotels, airlines etc. Hotels and Airlines retain the right to modify the rates without notice (except package programs). In case of such changes the rates quoted before the modification, can be changed by us according to the modifications by hotels or airlines. All hotel bookings are based on usual check in and checkout time of the hotels until unless indicated in the itinerary.
- Asian Hiking Team shall not be responsible for any delays & alterations in the program or expenses incurred - directly or indirectly - due to natural hazards, flight cancellations, accident, breakdown of machinery or equipment, breakdown of transport, weather, sickness, landslides, political closures or any untoward incidents.
- Asian Hiking Team shall not be responsible for any loss, injury or damage to person, property, or otherwise in connection with any accommodation, transportation or other services, resulting - directly or indirectly - from any act of GOD, dangers, fire, accident, breakdown in machinery or equipment, breakdown of transport, wars, civil disturbances, strikes, riots, thefts, pilferage, epidemics, medical or custom department regulations, defaults, or any other causes beyond our control.
- Asian Hiking Team do not have any insurance policy covering the expenses for accident, sickness, loss due to theft, or any other reasons. Visitors are advised to seek such insurance arrangements in their home country. All baggage & personal property/s at all times are at the client's risk.
- Clients/Participants authorize and release to Asian Hiking Team the use of their image in any photograph or video recording for any legal purpose of Asian Hiking Team.
- Clients/Participants understand that no guarantees have been made with respect to the objectives of the program.
- Prices are based on double occupancy if you are joining in the group. If you prefer single that private accommodations, a single supplement option is available for some trips.